Brightening Your Smile with Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic dental treatments can help increase self-confidence, improve quality of life and make daily interactions more comfortable. The wide variety of techniques available allows Dr. Gapuz to address your concerns and restore your smile to perfection.
The Versatility of Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry offers a plethora of solutions for the problems you feel are marring your smile. Many techniques are relatively non-invasive, and in some cases, several procedures can be combined into a comprehensive smile makeover.
Some cosmetic procedures commonly used to revitalize smiles include:
- Veneers. Veneers are an extremely versatile and non-invasive treatment option. Made of thin porcelain, they are affixed to the front surfaces of your teeth. They can cover surface damage like pits and cracks or disguise severe discoloration. They can also be used to reduce the appearance of small gaps between the teeth or make slightly crooked teeth appear straight and uniform.
- Composites. Composite resins are tooth-colored and can be used to replace metal fillings or for new restorations. Also known as dental bonding, this material may also be used cosmetically to change the color, shape and size of teeth. The resin is placed on the tooth, sculpted until it’s the proper shape, and then hardened with a special light or laser.
- Crowns. Crowns can be used for cosmetic purposes, but are more often employed for restorations. If a tooth has been severely cracked or damaged, or requires a root canal treatment, a crown is placed to provide structure and strength, preventing future damage.
- Bridges. A dental bridge literally bridges the gap created from tooth loss. A bridge typically consists of one or more artificial teeth, also referred to as pontics, which are anchored to adjacent teeth with dental crowns, or abutments.
- Teeth whitening. Teeth whitening gel lightens the shade of your teeth to eliminate stains in the outermost layers of enamel.
Choosing the Right Cosmetic Procedures for You
The combination of procedures you choose is based upon your unique smile goals. For example, veneers and composites could be combined to treat damage to the surfaces of the front teeth and broken or worn chewing surfaces on the molars. A missing tooth could be replaced with a bridge or with a dental implant depending upon your personal preference and your suitability for an implant procedure.
Take the Next Step – Schedule a Consultation
To choose the right treatment or combination of treatments, schedule a professional consultation with Dr. Gapuz. This in-depth visit will help you visualize your final results and clarify the details of your individualized treatment.